Posted Friday, September 16
No night work on Hillsborough Street this Saturday night due to NC State’s home game. Go Pack!
Night work will resume on Sunday night.
Duke Energy Progress will continue their transmission work on the corner of Dixie Trail, requiring Hillsborough Street to be closed to through traffic from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. between Faircloth Street and Brooks Avenue.
Pipeline crews will also be working at Friendly Drive installing storm drains.
Hillsborough Street businesses will remain open, and access to businesses will be maintained.
Completed work this past week:
- New traffic control barriers were installed between Rosemary Street and Stanhope Avenue
- Underground electrical duct bank was run across Hillsborough Street near SubConscious between Stanhope Avenue and Rosemary/Shepherds streets
- A new sanitary sewer manhole was installed near the Pizza Hut, between Shepherd Street and Daisy Street
- Sanitary sewer pipes were run across Hillsborough Street near the Pizza Hut, between Shepherd Street and Daisy Street to the new manhole
- Stormwater work continued at the Concord Street intersection
- Time Warner relocated their cable duct bank at Gardner Street
- Duke Energy Progress completed some transmission work at the corner of Brooks Avenue