Posted Friday, October 14
Hurricane Matthew’s rain put a damper on work along the street last weekend. Contractors had planned on taking advantage of lower traffic volumes along the corridor by working all weekend during NC State’s fall break, but due to the rain were not able to accomplish as much as they had hoped.
This Tuesday and Wednesday night crews did finish their portion of the underground electrical vault and the duct bank work on Dan Allen Drive. Duke Energy Progress is scheduled to start outfitting the vault and pulling the underground cables in the next few weeks.
Thursday, October 13, was the first day of the North Carolina State Fair. During the fair, there will not be the usual nighttime lane closures along Hillsborough Street. The night crews are working on Friendly Drive installing an 8-inch watermain.
During the daytime hours, construction crews will continue working along the corridor behind the existing concrete barriers,
- Installing new sanitary sewer lines running from Concord Street to Stanhope Avenue
- Installing new watermain along the private drive across from Bagwell Avenue
- Installing the 16-inch watermain running along the front of Stanhope towards Concord Street
- Completing temporary traffic signal work at Dixie Trail
- PSNC will continue their gas line relocation work at Friendly Drive
Don’t forget to come and have a cup of coffee with us. The October Coffee Talk is scheduled for Tuesday, October 18, at 10 A.M. at the Stanhope. This is s a great opportunity to talk with the project manager, get updates on the progress of the project, and ask questions regarding the construction along the corridor.
As always please remember to be safe and drive slowly through the work zone!