Posted Friday, Oct. 13
Starting Monday night, Oct. 16 there will be a series of nighttime through traffic detours on Hillsborough Street to accommodate work related to the Hillsborough Street Phase II Project.
Weather permitting, Hillsborough Street will be closed to through traffic Monday night, October 16, through Thursday night, Oct. 19, and again Monday night, Oct. 23, through Thursday night, Oct. 26, and finally on Monday night, Oct. 30. The nighttime closures are required while crews finish the last of the sanitary sewer and water service connections, complete some storm drain crossings, and patch the roadway. Below is a tentative schedule of work being performed each night.
The detour will be put in place each night at 7 p.m. and will reopen to through traffic each morning at 6 a.m.
All businesses are open along the construction corridor, and there will be access for patrons during this time.
Through traffic along Hillsborough Street will be detoured. Westbound through traffic will be detoured to Brooks Avenue to Wade Avenue to Faircloth Street, and eastbound traffic will be detoured to Faircloth Street to Wade Avenue to Brooks Avenue.
Night work Schedule: (subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen conditions)
- Monday, Oct. 16, complete sanitary sewer connections for Oak City Tattoos
- Tuesday, Oct. 17, complete sanitary sewer connections for Oak City Tattoos
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, paving operations to patch trenches
- Thursday, Oct. 19, water main connection at Dixie Trail and Hillsborough Street
- Monday, Oct. 23, storm drain crossing at Pantana’s Pool Hall & Saloon
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, paving operations to patch trenches
- Wednesday, Oct. 25, sanitary sewer service to Pantana’s
- Thursday, Oct. 26, Lower sanitary sewer services to College Beverage and East Village
- Monday, Oct. 30, Storm drain crossing at Digitz