Posted Friday, November 4
Another week of sunny weather has allowed a good deal of work to progress along the corridor.
On Saturday the second large underground electrical vault was installed in the parking lot of near Gumby's Pizza, Jersey Mikes, and FedEx. Carolina Conduit Systems is installing the top of the structure this week, and on Saturday and Sunday, they will install the underground conduit that connects the vault to the rest of the underground electrical system running along the corridor from Gardner Street to Dan Allen. On Monday they are scheduled to install the pull ropes between the Dan Allen Vault and the newly installed vault in preparation for the work scheduled by Duke Energy Progress (DEP) later this month.
While we are on the subject of DEP, they finished installing two more electrical poles along the corridor this week. One located in front of the Wilmont Apartments and the other located in front of the Nehi Bottling Company. Starting Monday, November 7, they will start to run the wire to the poles they have installed along the north side of the street, and the following week they will sag and clip the wires along the corridor. This work will still be conducted during the nighttime hours due to the road closure needed for safety reasons.
Other tasks completed this week include:
- The installation of a new stormwater box at the intersection of Friendly Drive/Dixie Trail
- Located water service utilities along the corridor
- Completed the watermain tie-in at Concord Street
- Tested the new watermain all the way to Concord Street
- Completed the installation of the new sanitary sewer line from Rosemary Street to Stanhope Avenue
- Temporary signals were installed at Dan Allen Drive
- Pipeline Utility Crews will be working this Friday night installing a new manhole at the intersection of Stanhope Avenue, and on Saturday they will install new sanitary sewer services to the Alsco building.
Looking forward to next week:
- Carolina Conduit will install electrical and cable duct bank from Concord Street to Rosemary Street
- Night time crews are scheduled to install sanitary sewer lines across Hillsborough Street near the Stanhope Avenue
- Crews will continue testing the new watermain
- At the end of the week, crews will start work on the rain garden at the 2811 building
- Crews will resume installation of the storm drainage system from just past Concord Street running west towards Rosemary Street.
- PSNC is scheduled to start the relocation of gas lines at Friendly Drive
As always roadway construction holds many variables and all this is subject to change. We will make updates to our schedule page as needed throughout the week. To have update information sent to your email you can add your email to our subscription listing by utilizing the subscribe box located at the top of the web page.