Posted Tuesday, March 20
Hillsborough Street saw a lot of activity last week, but this week the weather is not looking good, and Pipeline Utilities may need to push some of the construction activities back a few days.
Highlights of last week’s construction activity included the;
- Installation of the truck apron to the roundabout at the Rosemary/Shepherd Street intersection;
- The installation of the concrete median curbing along the corridor almost to Brooks Avenue;
- The new curb and a driveway apron at East Village Grill and Bar;
- New brick and concrete sidewalks at Daisy Street;
- The northern driveway apron for Cup A Joe off Daisy Street was installed and will open Wednesday, March 21;
- A crew started installing the brick pavers in the medians between Concord Street and Daisy Street; and,
- Another crew completed the grading on the south side of the East Village Grill and Bar parking lot, setting the stage to pave this area.
With the rain and cold weather in the forecast this week, the paving operations scheduled at East Village will be pushed back until the end of the week when the weather is dry and warm enough to pave. The splitter islands at the Rosemary/Shepherd Street intersection will also need to wait till dryer weather, but crews continue to install the new concrete median along the corridor.
PSNC is scheduled to have their contractor ITS on Daisy Street on Wednesday, March 21, to relocate a gas line. This work is scheduled to take place at night and will require the westbound lane of Hillsborough Street to be closed to traffic. The westbound detour will be Hillsborough Street to Dixie Trail to Wade Avenue to Faircloth Street, to Hillsborough Street. Due to weather, the night work on Hillsborough Street has been rescheduled to Thursday night, March 22.